Did you know that really successful people, in all fields of business are in fact great procrastinators?
Because they are great at putting things off and just not doing stuff. So how can that make them successful you might think?
They ONLY put off doing those tasks or actions that are either ‘low pay-off’ items or are not in alignment with their goals.
This isn’t of course the usual type of procrastination whereby you say things like “I’ll do it later” or “I’ll leave it until I’ve got the time” as that’s not going to make you successful. And what you DON’T want to do is to put off the tasks that are ‘high pay-off’ items and leading towards your goals.
And if you’re someone who is suffering from lack of time then you need to examine what is really urgent and what is really important – there is a difference.
- If you do not have some goals – set some right now!
- If you have a business plan but its not up to date – update it.
- Decide what is urgent and what is important and write a list of things to do.
- Cross off or delegate everything that doesn’t take you towards your goals.
- Avoid procrastinating on important actions and do those right now. It’s amazing where an hour of focused time will take you!